Master Creative Social Media Advertising With These Features
Read time: 5 mins
Social media has gone a notch higher from being a platform for just sharing photos. Since launching it’s gotten some major upgrades, now offering a long list of ad possibilities to help businesses reach a wider audience.
With so many options, there’s no need to play favourites. In fact, you can and should incorporate them all into your marketing strategy.
That said, there’s nothing worse than putting your ad online and getting zero traction or conversions. The ad in question ends up getting stuffed into your ‘I’ll figure that out later’ component of your brain. Until you realise that getting your product/service out into the universe is an integral part of the survival of your business. Now, all of that is about to change.
Whether you’re running an e-commerce store, selling a course, side-hustling your blog, selling a service, Facebook/Instagram offers tons of features that are worth adding to your advertising strategy.
Ahead, find the types of ads that can be amplified through Facebook Business Manager to reach audiences beyond your organic reach and how you should use them.
These are the most basic of ads but should not be under-estimated. Commonly seen on our feeds because they are simple to create and their result is highly effective. Picture ads work really well for showcasing products or services.
With only an image and short title to tell your story, you have to make sure your creative is on point, at first glance. The idea is to make the ad appear native to feeds rather than it looking like an ad.
Picture Creative Tips
- Show people using your product, rather than a simple photo of the product itself. Making it easier for people to see what it would be like if they were to purchase.
- Elevate your ad by incorporating bright colours to offer a burst of colour refreshment, breaking out from the neutral surroundings that are integrated within the theme of the platform.
- Keep your creative eye-catching and clear, even when viewed at a small size.
- Opt for a singular image than a collage and keep text overlays non-existent to minimal.
Have a lot to say? Then opt for a video ad.
Those who want to convey a great deal more information quickly or want to spark an emotional connection, a video ad allows it to be easily achievable.
Every man and his dog knows that video ads capture the attention of your audience better than a picture ad, so better jump on board! Let’s face it there are more people that would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Don’t worry, you don’t need a film crew or Kim Kardashian’s makeup artist to create a picturesque video. For the simple folk, Biteable make eye-catching videos in a snap, offering complete customisation of text and template-based animations that help to tell the story of any business.
Video Creative Tips
- Craft creative that captures attention from the very first frame.
- Use speed or a quickfire change frame to keep attention looming.
- Make sure text overlays are snappy, concise and strategically placed to not distract from the video’s focal point.
- Keep the duration of the video 15-seconds or less
Have you ever questioned what your audience is really thinking? Then today is your day!
The Interactive Poll ad is a natural next step in the evolution of storytelling because it combines the best of many forms of using pictures, video, sharing, and most importantly conversation. Now, you can communicate faster, immersively, full of expression and more fun than ever before.
Built to have a game-like experience, which is almost as enjoyable as playing Candy Crush. Game players will need to answer ‘this-or-that’ type questions and see if their answer is within the majority or minority. Information is difficult to gather, especially in today’s age of privacy concerns. People don’t always feel comfortable sharing their information with others, responses are only visible to the brand, not the public. Brands are able to spark real-time conversations that will have people talking for days and weeks to come.
Interactive Poll Creative Tips
- Ask questions that are straight-forward and aren’t complex to answer
- Use humour to give a lighthearted feel, leaving your audience in a positive light
- Use your polls as a chance to interact with your followers. Take the time to respond to their votes, so they are more likely to interact again in future.
Linking your images together in panorama-style to share an even bigger story.
The carousel format allows you to showcase up to 10 images or videos within a single ad, each with its own link. With more creative space within an ad, you can highlight different products, showcase specific details about one product, show users your location via an integrated Google Map, or tell a story about your brand that develops across each carousel card.
Carousel Creative Tips
- Use scroll-stopping creative that has the same layout as a blogger’s Instagram feed.
- Optimize the order of your cards so the most engaging ones are shown first.
This is one ad where you pull out all the stops. Prepare to be wowed — and your customers converted.
Facebook has combined most ad types into one to create your brand new arsenal. If you’re wondering how this works, let us paint a picture for you.
Combine videos, photos, text, and carousel to create a mini landing page. Delivering a fully full-screen immersive, interactive ad that showcases an informative and detailed explanation of service/product features. It’s not surprising that you might blink and then all of a sudden entering in their credit card details to purchase.
creating this ad is now within your power.
They are in the native format, so they blend in seamlessly with the rest of the posts on your timeline. They are successful because they are often tailored to the individual and users don’t immediately recognise them as ads.
Canvas Creative Tips
- Placing calls-to-actions throughout the canvas ad can increase traffic and conversion rates directly.
- This is a mobile only feature so design all creative for small screens.